LEARNER DRIVER INSURANCE
- Short Term & Annual Policies for Learners
- Comprehensive Cover – Certificate Emailed Instantly
- Cover for Practising in Someone Else’s Car
- Insurance for Learning to Drive in Your Own Car
Fraud Prevention, Detection & Claims History
In order to prevent and detect fraud we, or the Insurer, may at any time:
- Share information about you with the police, fraud prevention agencies and databases, and if you give us, or the Insurer, false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, this will be recorded. We, the Insurer, and other organisations may also search these agencies and databases to:
- Help make decisions about the provision and administration of insurance, credit and related services for you and members of your household;
- Trace debtors or beneficiaries, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your accounts or insurance policies;
- Check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you furnish us with other satisfactory proof of identity;
- Undertake credit searches and additional fraud searches (this may include requests for copy driving licences, utility bills and other documentation to establish the identity of any person applying for insurance).
We, or the Insurer, can supply on request further details of the databases we access or contribute to.
Like other insurers, we also pass on information relating to all claims to the Netfoil database operated by Hill Dickinson LLP. The aim is to help us check information provided and also to prevent fraudulent claims. We will pass information relating to any incident to Netfoil and in dealing with these incidents we may search the Netfoil database. You can ask us for more information about this.
Credit Searches and Accounting
In assessing your application, we, or the Insurer, may search files made available to us by credit reference agencies. They keep a record of that search. We, or the Insurer, may also pass to credit reference agencies information we hold about you and your payment record with us. Credit reference agencies share information with other organisations, enabling applications for financial products to be assessed or to assist the tracing of debtors, or to prevent fraud. We, or the Insurer, may ask credit reference agencies to provide a credit scoring computation. Credit scoring uses a number of factors to work out risks involved in any application. A score is given to each factor and a total score obtained. Where automatic credit scoring computations are used by us, or the Insurer, acceptance or rejection of your application will not depend only on the results of the credit scoring process.