LEARNER DRIVER INSURANCE
- Short Term & Annual Policies for Learners
- Comprehensive Cover – Certificate Emailed Instantly
- Cover for Practising in Someone Else’s Car
- Insurance for Learning to Drive in Your Own Car
What You Need to Know About Upcoming Motorway Lessons
As we have previously mentioned on our blog, the law will be changing allowing learner drivers to have motorway lessons on the 4th of June this year!
Here’s the quick low down in the form of a video:
How Will Motorway Lessons Work?
If you’re planning on getting in on these motorway lessons whilst you’re learning to drive, here are the few requirements you need to keep in mind.
Learner drivers will need to be:
- Accompanied by an approved driving instructor
- Driving a car fitted with dual controls & clearly displayed L-plates
It’s important to know that it will be up to your own driving instructor to decide whether you’re ready for motorway lessons. So, don’t expect to be going onto motorways on your first few lessons!
What Skills Can Come From Motorway Lessons?
Motorway driving will not affect the driving test, it’s been introduced purely to prepare learner drivers for when they get their full licence.
More skills you can expect to pick up through motorway lessons:
- How to join and leave the motorway
- Overtaking at high speeds
- Using different lanes correctly
- Understanding specific traffic signs
What to do in the Mean Time…
It’s always good to brush up on your knowledge of A roads and B roads until these changes happen. If you need cover, click below to get a learner insurance quote.
If you’re learning to drive or you’ve just passed – why not read our tips for how to handle motorway driving?