Learner Insurance to Practice In Your Own Car
It can be difficult learning to drive in a car that isn’t your own. The comfort and ease of being able to learn to drive in a car that is your own, and that you can drive whenever you want can be a lot easier and a lot more stress free than nagging a parent or family member to borrow their car to learn in, for the learner driver and for the car owner!
For this reason we offer learner driver insurance for learners who are looking to learn to drive in their own car.
Learner Driver Insurance to Practice in your Own Car is a short term online policy, from 28 days cover up to 140 days. We do also offer annual Learner Driver policies – see below for further details.
We offer two types of Owner Learner Driver Insurance policies;
- Policies for Learners Who Own Their Own Car – short term online policies
- Policies for Learners Who Own Their Own Car – annual policies
Benefits of Temporary Owner Learner Driver Insurance;
You can buy your Temporary Owner Learner Driver Insurance immediately online;
- From One Month (28 days) up to Five Months (140 days) Cover
- Drivers Aged 17 – 25 years old
- A provisional driver can purchase an insurance policy for their own car
- Available for cars up to group 23 with a current market value up to £20000*
- Instant cover arranged online and within minutes using a Debit or Credit Card
- Immediate electronic delivery of printable insurance documents
- The Learner Driver can get as much extra practice as they like
- A more cost effective way to practice in addition to your driving lessons
- Flexibility to drive whenever you need some extra driving practice
- Your vehicle will have comprehensive cover, which means both the third party and your own car will be covered
Can anyone else drive the car using this policy?
Our policies cover the learner driver to drive the car only. We cannot provide additional driver cover for parents or supervising drivers, and the supervisor is there to supervise and intervene only in an emergency. If they want to cover themselves to drive separately, they can take out a temporary policy through www.insuredaily.co.uk
For more information about learner driver insurance and those learning to drive specifically, you can check out our Learner Driver Insurance and Learning to Drive page.
Does my insurance cover me for my Driving Test?
Learner Driver Insurance with InsureLearnerDriver can cover you for your driving test, and if you’re looking for insurance to cover yourself for your driving test then you can take out a 1 day learner driver policy in minutes.
Can I learn to Drive in Someone Else’s Car?
Yes, you can also learn to drive in somebody else’s car for anywhere between 1-140 days, and if you want to find out more Learning to Drive in a Borrowed Car you can have a look at our dedicated page.
Annual Learner Driver Insurance for Your Own Car
We can arrange Annual Learner Driver Policies for Learners who own their own cars. You may also be able to start earning your own No Claim Bonus by taking out an annual policy. If you pass your driving test during the annual policy period, call our Young Driver’s team to discuss what options are available to you – 03303 331 256.
- Annual Cover Period
- The vehicle must be owned & registered by the learner driver
- For drivers aged between 17-25 years of age
- Opportunity to start earning your No Claim Bonus
- Damage to the insured vehicle due to an accident
- Damage or loss caused by malicious damage, fire, theft or attempted theft, or vandalism
- Their property
You can find copies of the policy documents here
You must be accompanied in the car at all times by an adult who:
- Has held a full UK, EEA or EU driving licence for over 3 years
- Is between the ages of 25-72
We cannot insure everybody under this policy and have certain exclusions which are shown in the Acceptance Criteria.
Our simple application process will make sure you are eligible for the policy, and you can get a quote here in seconds.