LEARNER DRIVER INSURANCE
- Short Term & Annual Policies for Learners
- Comprehensive Cover – Certificate Emailed Instantly
- Cover for Practising in Someone Else’s Car
- Insurance for Learning to Drive in Your Own Car
What Happens if I Need to Make a Claim as a Learner Driver?
It’s not ideal, but you might find yourself in a situation where you need to make a claim as a learner driver. Don’t worry too much though, that’s exactly why you bought learner driver insurance in the first place.
We are going to outline the procedure you need to follow if you need to make a claim under an InsureLearnerDriver policy.
Stay Calm and Stay Safe
If you’ve been involved in an accident, stop as soon as possible and in a safe place (where you can). If anyone is hurt, call the police or an ambulance immediately. If you have a warning triangle, place it well before the obstruction.
Once you’ve made yourself safe, you can proceed with gathering the data you’ll need to make a claim.
Getting the Information You Need
Seek help from your supervising driver and take note of the vehicle registration number, name and address of anyone else involved in the accident.
You will also need to make a note of:
- The number of passengers in each vehicle.
- The name and address of anyone who is injured (or suggesting they have been injured).
- The name and address of any witnesses to the accident.
- The name, number and constabulary of any police officer who attends the accident.
- If you have a mobile phone with you and it is fitted with a camera, try and take photographs to support the positions of the vehicles and the extent of damage.
- You must give your own details to anyone who has reasonable grounds for requesting them.
Important Things to Remember
Having to claim as a learner driver isn’t ideal and can be a stressful experience, but that’s what we’re here for.
Remember to write down the details of your policy and hand it over to anyone else who was involved in the accident. By doing this you are giving them the opportunity of obtaining the support they need from our end.
If no-one else was involved with the claim, you can inform the police within 24 hours of the accident.
To report a claim, please call the 24 hours claims line that can be found in your policy documents.
If you’re making a claim on a policy that is between 1-6 days, call 0800 2055 513.
If you’re making a claim on a policy that is between 7-140 days, call 0344 7058 183.
From then, you will be assisted with your claim.
For more tips on staying safe on the roads, or for regular driving test tips, follow us on social media: