LEARNER DRIVER INSURANCE
- Short Term & Annual Policies for Learners
- Comprehensive Cover – Certificate Emailed Instantly
- Cover for Practising in Someone Else’s Car
- Insurance for Learning to Drive in Your Own Car
How Your Driving Test Affects Your Learner Insurance
Please note that InsureLearnerDriver policies are only valid whilst you hold a Provisional Licence – if you are taking your Driving Test during the period of cover, you will need to contact our Young Drivers Team a few days beforehand and they can assist in getting some continued cover options for a policy under a Full Licence prepared, which can be activated should you pass (fingers crossed!).
The Young Driver policies are administered by Sky Insurance, the parent company of InsureLearnerDriver.
During Your Driving Test
For the actual Driving Test itself, your insurance with InsureLearnerDriver is valid and covers you whilst on a Driving Test, as long as they take place within the period of cover. The test examiner is classified as your ‘accompanying driver’.
If You Pass Your Driving Test
If all goes well and you pass your test, you will no longer be classed as a Provisional Licence holder – hence why it is best to call us prior to the test date and prepare for this eventuality. Your InsureLearnerDriver policy ends here.
- If you purchased a policy with a cover period of 7 days or over, the Insurance Company of those policies also covers you ‘for up to 3 hours to drive directly home to your usual home address following your Driving Test’
- Policies with a cover period of 1-6 days do not include this, so end immediately when you pass your driving test
If You Do Not Pass Your Driving Test
Your policy continues as normal until the expiry date. You can purchase a further policy for future practice, if and when required.
Young Driver Policies as a Full Licence Holder
Sky Insurance has an excellent Young Drivers Insurance Scheme, offering policies to suit most newly qualified drivers, including Black Box / Telematics policies. Download a copy of the ‘Young & Learner Drivers Insurance Guide’ for loads of useful information.
You can download our free guide to everything you ever needed to know about ‘Young & Learner Drivers Insurance’ by clicking here. The guide is full of tips, advice and information explaining the different types of policies available and how you can reduce your insurance costs.
Good Luck with your Driving Test!