LEARNER DRIVER INSURANCE
- Short Term & Annual Policies for Learners
- Comprehensive Cover – Certificate Emailed Instantly
- Cover for Practising in Someone Else’s Car
- Insurance for Learning to Drive in Your Own Car
Making a Claim
Regardless of blame these measures will help protect you.
Stop as soon as possible, in a safe place. If anybody has been injured, call the Police and Ambulance service. If you have a warning triangle, place it well before the obstruction.
Make a quick sketch of the direction and final position of each vehicle (it is worth keeping a pen and paper in your car).
You will need to make a note of:
- The vehicle registration number, name and address of any other drivers involved in the accident.
- The number of passengers in each vehicle.
- The name and address of anyone who is injured (or suggesting they have been injured).
- The name and address of any witnesses to the accident.
- The name, number and constabulary of any police officer who attends the accident.
- If you have a mobile phone with you and it is fitted with a camera, try and take photographs to support the positions of the vehicles and the extent of damage.
- You must give your own details to anyone who has reasonable grounds for requesting them.
IMPORTANT: Do not admit responsibility, either verbally or in writing. Instead, simply fill in the details of your policy on one of the contact cards which are inside the back cover of this policy booklet and hand it to the other driver(s)/person(s) involved in the accident. By passing the contact card to the other person(s) involved in the accident you will give him/her the opportunity of obtaining our assistance in progressing repairs and assisting with the provision of a courtesy vehicle if the circumstances of the accident warrant this.
If for any reason you have not been able to exchange details with other drivers, or you were in collision with an animal, you must report the accident to the Police as soon as possible and certainly within 24 hours of the accident.
To report an incident please call the 24 hour Claims Helpline on 0344 705 8183 further information can be found in the policy booklet.
We pass information relating to claims to the Netfoil database operated by Hill Dickinson LLP. The aim is to help us check information provided and also to prevent fraudulent claims. We will pass information relating to all incidents to Netfoil and in dealing with these incidents we may search the Netfoil database.